schmied/reid©2003 all rights reserved
Answer each question on a separate sheet of paper. Use complete, quality, & correct sentences and paragraphs (100 pts, 10pt ea except Conclusion )
1. What question did you develop for this experiment?
2. What was your prediction?
3. State your hypothesis in If, Then, Because Format
4. List ALL the materials you used in this experiment.
5. Describe the step by step procedure you used to test the hypothesis.
6. What was the Experimental (independent/manipulated) variable you tested in this experiment" ?
7. Describe the Control condition.
8. a. Name 2 uncontrolled variables in this experiment.
b. Name 2 controlled variables in this experiment.
9. ANALYZE the data you recorded on Data Table One.a. Now tell me your conclusion. (20 pts) (Tell if your hypothesis was strengthened, weakened, or disproved, and tell why you think this is so!)
b. Ensure you speak about the Data you obtained for both types of seeds.
EC1 - (Up to 30 pts) Describe how you would devise an experiment to tell if a Seed's Mass was related to the time it takes to sprout.
Scientific Method Index Project Page
© 2005 John Schmied & Mike Reid all rights reserved