Fast Food Scenario
schmied/reid©2007 all rights reserved!
Re: Effects of Fast Food Branding on Young Children's Taste Preferences
Thomas N. Robinson, MD, MPH; Dina L. G. Borzekowski, EdD;
Donna M. Matheson, PhD; Helena C. Kraemer, PhD
ARCH PEDIATR ADOLESC MED/VOL 161 (NO. 8), AUG 2007 www.archpediatrics.com
Introduction &endash; Write 5 Facts about fast food and global marketing
Part A. 1. What scientific question is being investigated in this experiment?
2. What is the Manipulated (changed) variable in this experiment?
3. Describe the Responding (measured) Variable.
4. Create an appropriate prediction for this question. (If Then FORMAT)
5. Develop an appropriate hypothesis (prediction with a reason) for the above question. (If Then Because FORMAT)
6. Identify the control trials. Why are these control trials?
7. Identify the experimental trials. Why is these experimental trials?
8. Completely identify 3 controlled variables for this experiment (NEVER THE MV OR RV!) and tell why each is controlled.
9. In Scientific Terms, what does the researcher putting the McDonald's labeled food on the same side of the child's tray represent? Explain why.
10. Explain how to solve this situation
11. In scientific terms what does some of the children seeing the research assistant's face represent. Explain Why.
12. Explain how to solve this situation
13. After these problems are solved, what do the scientists have to do next?a.
Complete Parts C, D, and E as directed by your instructor.