We used the following laboratory set up to investigate two solutions.
1. What scientific question is being investigated in this experiment?
2. Create an appropriate prediction for this question. (FORMAT)
3. Develop an appropriate hypothesis for the above question. (FORMAT)
4. Identify the control trial(s).
5. Identify the experimental trial(s)
6. What is the manipulated (experimental) variable in this experiment?
7. Describe the Responding (measured) Variable.
8. Tell 2 controlled variables and 2 uncontrolled variables for this experiment.
9. What could be done to improve this experiment or strengthen its results?
Scientific Method Index Project Page
© 2005 John Schmied & Mike Reid all rights reserved